Follow our journey

Follow our journey

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Our care package

I posted a picture of a hospital gown that we got for Amelia and mentioned that we got a care package. I wanted to go into detail about the organization that sent it to us and show you everything we got. 

The organization that sent the package is called SistersbyHeart(http://www.sisters-by-heart.org/). Basically they send care packages to families who have recently learned that their baby has HLHS. The women who run the organization have had babies with HLHS and graciously decided to help other families out. They fill the package with things that were helpful to them during the hospital stay. They have been encouraging to me. 

 This is our package:


The hospital gown is made by EZ Axcess (http://ezaxcess.com/)
When I first opened this, it broke my heart. This is real, she is going to need surgery. It's not only cute, but very functional. 
These are socks made by http://www.socks4surgery.com/#. They says "I'm here for the Norwood" The norwood with the name of the first surgery that she'll undergo. They're so tiny and cute.
Babylegs, because Lord knows it's not going to be fun having to take off pants to change a diaper.
A tiny hate that was made especially for Amelia. It snaps open to accommodate an IV on her head. 
A journal to write out my feelings through everything.
A side snap onesie. A lot of the time she will be in just a diaper, but there will be times when I can put clothes on her. When I am able to do that, putting anything over her head will be too difficult because of IV's, so this side snap onesie will come in handy. 
A deck of cards for dad! (: This is to help pass time during the surgery. 
A heart ring for mom (: 
Amelia most likely won't be able to eat for a while after birth so her sucking reflex may need some work. So they sent a paci to help out with that. 
A sign to hang from the car seat. I know I always thought it was silly to see these, but now that I will have a baby who cannot afford to get sick in any way, this will be hanging form her car seat. I am also not afraid to smack the hands of an older woman who ignores the sign. (: 
Hand Sanitizer and moisturizer. We'll obviously be washing our hands and sanitizing them like crazy people in effort to keep Amelia safe and healthy. The moisturizer is so that our hands don't age 10 years in the process. (: 
This was a sweet little extra! I don't think she'll be able to use these in the hospital, but once we get home, we'll use them! I was so excited to see these! They're so pretty and exactly the ones we were going to buy!!
This is the giant bag that it all came in. We'll be carrying all of the goodies in here. 

We're so grateful for the care package. It gives us an idea of some things that we can stock up on before she gets here. 
Thank you for your prayers. This Thursday we have an appt in Madison. We'll be doing one more echo on her heart, a growth scan, a non-stress test, meeting with the pediatric cardiologist, meeting her surgeon, and touring the children's hospital that she'll be staying in. It's a big day and we're hoping to walk out there with every question answered and to feel more comfortable with everything. So far we have been very impressed with Meriter, the hospital that I will be delivering at. They have taken such good care of us. They try their best to make sure we walk away knowing everything we need to know. I feel very confident in the team who will be taking care of Amelia and I. For that, I am incredibly thankful! After this appointment, I will have a few appointments every Tuesday in Madison. Then starting on the first of November, I will have an appointment every Friday for a non-stress test. That's two appointments a week, one being 2 hours away! 

We're also closing on our house on Halloween day! This is so exciting!!! We have been patiently awaiting for this day, so now that we have a date, we're beyond excited! With this brings lots of stuff to do. Please pray for patience and for everything to go smoothly. We have to get a few things ready before we can move in. I am not looking forward to moving while being 33 weeks pregnant, but we have a lot of help! 

I just want to stress how blessed we are, we have a lot going on, but God has given us such a peace about everything. We have such amazing people in our lives that are here to help us along the way. Not to mention, Emma. Girlfriend is keeping us busy. She takes my mind off of everything and makes me SO happy. I don't think I could do this without her. 




Love, Kelly.

2 comments:

  1. hi can i buy the colored smiley face hospital IV gown and pants from your care packege after your daughter has been and had her surgery as i need one my self but when i asked the person from www.ezacess.za she said we are no longer in business thanks. my email address is ashmoore098@gmail.com for you to reply to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ashley.
    I actually donated the gown to our hospital and I just gave the leggings to my friend. Hospitals have gowns for babies. What kind of hospital stay is your little one going to have? I have all kinds of tips on clothes to buy and take to the hospital. Let me know if you need someone to talk to about hospital stays. (:

    ReplyDelete